– Simplifying Breastfeeding in the 21st Century
There is no other book like this one on the planet!
Breastfeeding is a visually learned art, so its hundreds of photos are crucial to show exactly how breastfeeding can be made the pleasurable, satisfying experience it is meant to be. Because we do not grow up in breastfeeding communities in most Western countries, it is unreasonable to expect it to be a natural, instinctive activity.
This book provides myriads of different ways to understand why breastfeeding may not be trouble-free and what to do about it.
Some aspects barely discussed in previous literature include how:
– sparsely educated all Westerners are about breastfeeding, including health professionals
– Western obstetrics commonly interfere with earliest breastfeeds
– use of infant reflexes can make breastfeeding miraculously easy
– infant pain may have an unrecognised impact on feeding and settling
– allergies can disrupt breastfeeding
– there are ways to quickly resolve almost any breastfeeding issue
With its many diagrams, photographs and thousands of references, this book is an vital resource for anyone working with breastfeeding women and their babies.
This book is only available in Hardcopy.